UK publishers can access a full application pack and entry form to submit their books here.
Books must be published by an established UK-based publisher or imprint between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 for the 2018 prize.
To be eligible for submission to The Highland Book Prize, titles must comply with at least one of the following criteria:
- Promote or concern itself with Highland culture, heritage or landscape
- Have a significant amount of activity set in the Highlands
- The author(s) must have been born in the Highlands
- The author(s) must have lived in the Highlands for no less than 12 months preceding the publication date.
- The author(s) must have lived in the Highlands for a period of 6 years or more
For the purpose of the Highland Book Prize the “Highlands” are defined as the 2017 Local Authority areas Argyll & Bute, Highland, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Western Isles and Moray.