Would you like to win a copy of all eleven books on the 2019 highland book prize longlist? Can you help us to read for the 2020 longlist?
Sign up to become a Volunteer Reader to win the whole set.
Already a Volunteer Reader? Recommend a friend for your chance to win.
The prize will be drawn on 1st August 2020.
First prize: eleven books on our 2019 longlist
Second prize: four books on our 2019 shortlist
Third prize: a copy of the winning book, announced in May
How to Enter
To be eligible you should follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram (if you follow social media), and then follow the instructions below apply to become a volunteer reader for the 2020 highland book prize.
Step one: please follow us on social media:
Step two: Become a Volunteer Reader:
To enter please read the information below and send us an email with your application to become a Volunteer Reader. On joining the panel you will automatically be entered into the draw. You don’t have to live in the Highlands to take part. We have pe
If you are already a volunteer reader you can recommend a friend. Simply share this page with your book-loving friends and make sure they refer to you (including your contact details) in their application. You will both be entered into the draw. You can recommend up to ten friends.
How to become a Volunteer Reader
We are looking for keen and talented volunteer readers to help us work towards a wonderful longlist for The Highland Book Prize. If you enjoy reading (fiction, non-fiction, short stories, poetry), are able to read as many as six novels, or as few as one, in the space of seven weeks and provide a short report on what you’ve read, we’d like to hear from you.
What we’ll need from you:-
- a commitment to read your allocated submissions and write a short report following our scoring criteria
- the ability to read your allocated novels within a ten-week period (July – October 2020) and submit your reader reports before mid October 2020.
- a declaration that you will not share or in any way distribute the reading material with which you’re provided
- an understanding that the material and any relating correspondence about the prize must be kept confidential
- You don’t have to live in the Highlands to take part. Anyone can become a volunteer reader.
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing:-
(1) why you think you’ll make an excellent reader for this project
(2) a list of the last three books you have read and
(3) a short three sentence report for each book.
(4) if you are fluent in Gaelic please specify this in your response.
For more information, please contact Mirren, Richmond, Eilidh or Rachel at Moniack Mhor by email email@example.com or call us on 01463 741 675.
You can download a PDF with more information HERE.
Call for Gaelic Readers
If you can read one or more of our Gaelic submissions please get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org.